Waterproofing the internal and external areas of a house, which are prone to dampness due to inflow or outflow of water, is imperative to prevent issues like leakage and seepage that in turn cause the walls to chip and maim. If you are going for a renovation of your house or mediating on buying a new home, looking for the waterproofing factor is extremely essential to avoid any hassle in future. Here are certain facts that you should know before going for a waterproofing Brisbane venture:-
What is Waterproofing?
Waterproofing is a procedure of installing or putting up a barrier which is resistant to water and acts as a bulwark against water flowing in and out of various parts of a building or a house. The areas which need this internally are the ones which come in constant contact of water namely bathrooms, laundry areas, toilets, shower recesses and the likes.
This does not mean the exteriors of your house do not require it. Areas such as balcony decks, roofs, walls adjacent to water areas, and planter boxes often pose problems of leakage if not waterproofed properly.
What are Waterproofing Membranes?
Waterproofing in Brisbane has recently started relying greatly on waterproofing membranes or sealants that are highly efficient barriers against water seepage. These newer products of waterproofing membranes are different and an improvement over the conventional ones, with greater elasticity and drying qualities. Membranes are able to resist chemicals and abrasions and have the capacity to bond with every material, even with tiles. The non-toxic nature and convenient mode of application have made them useful ingredients in present day Waterproofing in Brisbane works.
Why to Go for Waterproofing?
If you are wondering why there is so much controversy over waterproofing, here are some problems that make it an imperative need.
- Water leakage can lead to unnecessary leakage that might damage the walls of your home, chipping and cracking them
- The collection of water inside the walls of the house tends to weaken and wane the strength of the walls.
- Continued negligence can be even more detrimental as it comes with the consequent invitation to molds and mildews, harmful for you and your family.
Types of Waterproofing
Waterproofing in Brisbane takes up the following types of waterproofing for your house and building needs.
- Latex Rubber Based ones which are dry in nature
- Bitumen Based ones which dry faster than Latex but rigid
- Cement based with cement polymer mix that should be re-coated after 2 hours and need 6 hours to dry completely.
When you decide to have your house waterproofed, you need to get in touch with waterproofing Brisbane contractors and companies who will bear the encumbrance of waterproofing at every viable corner that are vulnerable to leakage.
Guest Blog Author: Smith Johnson