Many homeowners just starting to research the idea of purchasing new siding for their home ask us, “How Much Does Vinyl Siding Cost?”
For a detailed description of the cost of all types of siding I recommend reading our article :
How Much Does Siding Cost?
When it comes to the cost of vinyl siding the short answer is that “it all depends! there are many styles and options you will encounter when replacing your siding,” However, this blog post should offer some insight and start to answer your questions about the cost of vinyl siding.
Things Affecting the Cost of Vinyl Siding
- Type of vinyl siding (shakes vs. lap siding / insulated vs. not)
- Quantity being installed (square footage)
- Complexity of installation
- Height and Accessibility
- Need for removal of existing siding or not
- Style of trim desired
- Accents desired (shutters,decorations. fancy trim, etc.))
- Need for rot repair
- Adding insulation?
- Removal and reinstallation of fixtures (storm windows, awnings, lights, etc.)
- Type of scaffolding required (if any)
- Regional Costs (in some regions the cost to maintain a business is higher than other regions. These costs are reflected in the project.)
It’s not easy to get too specific; however, the siding pricing information listed below should help.
Cost of Vinyl Siding By Project Difficulty and House Size
This chart reveals an estimated range for vinyl siding installation costs. It factors in various home sizes and installation complexity. Please note that the top ranges can always be more based on desired options, complexity, and other factors listed above.
|Type of Siding / Complexity of Installation|
Low-Cost / Basic Install
Mid-Cost / Average Install
High-Cost / Complex Install
|$8,000 – $12,000||$10,000 – $16,000||$14,000 – $20,000+*|
|$12,000 – $18,000||$16,000 – $22,000||$20,000 – $28,000+*|
|$20,000 – $24,000||$22,000 – $35,000||$30,000 -$44,000+*|
|$30,000 – $40,000||$38,000 – $50,000||$45,000 – $70-000+*|
Peter Martino is the Marketing Director for United Home Experts and Everlast Composite Siding of New England in Ashland, Massachusetts. United Home Experts is the largest and one of the most experienced Siding Contractors in Boston.