If you’re planning to install new hot water cylinders, you should know which one to choose; vented or unvented cylinders. This is necessary not only for homeowners, but also for professionals alike. You can have something in place that is reliable making all your facilities function efficiently and economically. If you have no idea on which option is better, here are some tips that you can consider.
Picking the right option when it comes to hot water cylinders
- Unvented cylinders are directly connected to the main supply of water, and serve as a hot water storage cylinder, while vented cylinders are connected to a vent pipe in the cold water storage tank. Because of this difference in connection, the water pressure and water flow are stronger in providing hot water to all outlets within your home without the need for a pump.
- In an unvented cylinder, there’s no need to install a cold water storage tank, so, you can save valuable space from additional pipe work and fittings.
- Unvented cylinders can be easily installed into your home in a pleasing aesthetics.
- Since it is supplied through your mains, you can choose the place where you want to place it.
- Unvented cylinders have safety features and controls to keep them always in good condition.
- These hot water cylinders are safe from fast reheat times and heat loss from the water that is stored inside.
- Vented cylinders allow you to save on utility bills. You can use these types of cylinders in most outlets, while unvented cylinders may not be compatible with some power showers and mixer taps.
- You can easily install vented cylinders since they are less complicated, so, you can save money from hiring an expert. In unvented option, you have to get the services of a specialist.
- They are also known to be very effective in supplying your home with hot water in a smooth and efficient manner.
- Vented units are suitable to modern homes that lack enough space like bungalows and apartments. Since the unit is made up of a cold and hot water tank combined in one, it can be a great option to eliminate pipe work in your property.
Picking the right option for your hot water cylinders and installing them can be a complicated job especially if you’re a beginner. If you want a perfect job, you can get the services of a reliable firm offering flat rate of materials and labor.