Top-rated central air conditioning systems
- Trane XL2oi – Its seasonal energy efficiency ratio or SEER reaches as high as 20. Its warranty covers the compressor for 12 years and 10 years for other parts. Trane AC systems enjoy a good rating in consumer reviews for their reliability. They are known for being the toughest, and longest-serving cooling system. Estimated price – $9, 850.
- Amana ASXC18 – This unit is less expensive than other top models. The SEER reaches 18, and the system runs at 71 decibels quietly. It provides a 10-year warranty on AC parts, and guarantees replacement of the entire condensing unit if ever the compressor fails. Estimated price – from $2,550 to $3,300.
- Dave Lennox Signature Collection – Its XC17 model has a SEER reaching up to 18, while XC21 model reaches a SEER up to 21.2. These 2 operate at 69 decibels, and the sound is quiet. Buyers are secured with a 10-year warranty. Estimated price – from $2,459 to $3,489.
- Carrier Infinity Series – These air conditioning systems have a SEER capacity of 21, and runs at 65 decibels quietly. They are known for reliability and dehumidifying power record. Their warranty covers all spare parts for 10 years after the required registration. Estimated price – from $3, 350 to $8,149.
- Maytag M1200 PSA4BI iQ Drive – This AC system is known for its quiet sound and efficiency. It has a SEER rating of 24.5, and its sound level is recorded at 59 decibels. This AC may be a bit expensive compared to others, but its quality is better, and it provides a 12-year warranty. Estimated price – $3,589 to $4,569.
- Rheem Prestige RASL-JEC – This unit can reach up to 19.5 SEER. It’s known to be very reliable, and it comes with a 10-year warranty on parts. It also provides a 10-year replacement warranty after registration. Estimated price – $2,879 to $3,959.
Estimated prices of the above air conditioning systems depend on the size, SEER and cooling capacity of the unit. If you want great value for your money, you can choose from any of the above.