For homeowners looking to upgrade their tankless water heaters, energy-efficiency is a top priority. Along with saving fuel, these tankless water heaters deliver almost instant hot water. This also cuts down on water usage. Let’s look at other, less obvious advantages these systems offer:
- Maintain efficiency. Over time, sediment settles in conventional water heaters which lowers their efficiency ratings. But, since tankless water heaters do not hold water, build up is not a problem.
- Endless hot water. As water passes through an energy-efficient system, it is instantly heated. What this means for homeowners is no more waiting for that relaxing hot shower.
- Reduced carbon footprint. As energy-efficient systems, these hot water heaters are considered ‘green’ technology since they reduce CO2 emissions by as much as 25 percent. As energy costs go up, so do the savings.
- Installation options. Since tankless water heaters do not store water, they can be installed much closer to the end use. And, with their much smaller size, they can be placed almost anywhere indoors or out.
- Extended durability. Modern technology has extended the life span of water heating systems. In fact, most companies offer much longer warranties to reflex the more durable construction. And, of course, without a tank, there’s less leakage and rusting.
Whether your upgrade is from remodeling or building a completely new space, the advantages of energy efficient tankless water heaters make them impossible to pass up. Call you local plumbing company to get details on the right tankless water heater for your needs.