Whenever pipes are leaking, you don’t want this mess in your home. The first thing that you have in mind is a pipe repair, but you don’t know where to start because usually, pipes are hidden in concrete walls. You can do it by yourself; why not, if the broken pipe is outside the wall.
Signs that you need a pipe repair:
- Sudden rise in water bills.
- Leaking pipes.
- Low water pressure.
- Rusty water.
- Water is leaking at the foundation.
- Water is running despite all faucets are closed.
A major breakthrough in plumbing technology
Today, the so-called pipe lining, or pipe relining is highly recommended by professional plumbing companies. One great advantage of doing this pipe repair is that expert plumbers can now repair damaged pipes, and not disturb your home. Pipe lining is now very common in residential areas including private homes, apartments, condos and townhouses.
There’s no need to destroy your flooring or walls, excavate your driveway or sidewalks to repair damaged pipes. You are greatly benefited with this new technology as compared to traditional method of repairing pipes. First, you don’t have to pay the plumber to repair your damaged pipe, and hire a mason to put your house back in shape. Second, you can avoid the mess caused by ripping up of your flooring and cutting through your walls to replace the damaged pipes. Lastly, pipe repair can be done quickly, possibly only in one day, making your home free from dust, dirt and debris.
Tips on repairing pipes
- Use high-quality pipes so that they will last longer. They are made from high-quality plastic material designed for all-weather purpose.
- Repairing a broken pipe usually doesn’t take hours. In plumbing repair service, you’ll only pay the service, but if the plumber has to change spare parts, you have to pay for his service as well as the new spare parts.
- Re-piping is a procedure that replaces your water distribution piping system completely. In re-piping, all your existing pipes, stop valves, supply lines and pipe fittings are upgraded to contemporary pipe options.
If you’re a DIY enthusiast who wants to save money on labor cost, make sure that you can do the pipe repair perfectly. Otherwise, you might spend more than your budget if you make errors. If you search, you’ll find plumbing companies that can make your life easy, offering flat rate on materials and labor.