Now for something completely different: a thermostat that’s smarter than you. Yep, that’s right. Nest, a revolutionary learning thermostat, will change how you think about your home’s comfort system. Programmable thermostats are only as good as the people who program them and, honestly, they aren’t easy to figure out. In only one week, Nest thermostat will learn your air conditioning habits, keep your home comfortable and save you money. You literally set it and forget it.
Here’s how Nest Learning Thermostat works:
- Learning period. Nest thermostat creates a personalized schedule by paying attention to when you lower or raise the temperature. Leave the house at 6 a.m. and get home at 7 p.m.? Nest will have the house at the right temperature in the most energy-saving amount of time.
- When you’re gone. Nest can sense when you’re gone and will adjust the temperature. No one wants to cool or heat an empty house – not even Nest.
- Energy efficiency. The Nest Thermostat tracks energy usage so you’ll know whether the weather or your temperature adjustments cost you extra money.
- Online tracking. Nest allows you to control your home’s temperature settings, energy savings and even a second home’s Nest controls via the Nest website. You can check your Nest right from your cell phone.
- Just really cool. Designed by Tony Fadell, a former Apple executive who helped develop key Apple products, Nest puts the cool in functionality.
Your home’s thermostat controls 50 percent of the electricity being used. Program it wrong and you’ll pay too much next month. Nest won’t forget; its job is to remember. Call a certified Nest Thermostat installer and talk to them about Nest thermostats. Go ahead, tie a string around your finger if you need to remember.