Need a Heating Repair but you don’t have the money?
Well, there may be help! It’s called the Heating System Repair Program!
The State of Rhode Island has a program for owner occupied households who make under a certain amount and don’t qualify for the energy efficient programs to get a one time heating system repair or replaced through the community action program agencies. The program is called the Heating System Repair Program.
This is how it works…
1) First, you have to need a heating system repair.
2) Second, you have to meet the income guidelines. See list.
LIHEAP Primary Grants are based on income, family size, fuel type and minimum delivery requirements.
3) Third, the system can’t be made efficient and must meet certain other requirements.
4) Forth, you need to contact your town’s Rhode Island Community Action Program Agency to see if you qualify. See list.
East Bay Heating Assistance
East Bay Community Action Program
- 100 Bullocks Point Avenue, Riverside, RI 02915
- Phone: (401) 437-0006
- (LIHEAP) (401) 437-5102
- (WAP) (401) 437-0006
- Fax: (401) 437-3353
- Web site: www.ebcap.org
- Districts: Bristol, East Providence, Jamestown, Little Compton, Barrington, Newport, Portsmouth, Tiverton, Warren, Middletown
South County Heating Assistance
South County Community Action
- 1935 Kingstown Road, Wakefield, RI 02879
- Phone: (401) 789-3016, 1-800-432-2605
- Fax: (401) 284-1959
- Web site: www.sccainc.org
- Districts: Hopkinton, Narragansett, North Kingstown, Westerly, Exeter, South Kingstown, West Greenwich, Charlestown, New Shoreham, Richmond
Westbay Heating Assistance
Westbay Community Action
- 205 Buttonwoods Avenue (Administrative Office: 218 Buttonwoods Ave.), Warwick, RI 02886
- Phone: (401) 732-4660
- Fax: (401) 739-2761
- Web site: www.westbaycap.org
- Districts: Warwick, Coventry, West Warwick, East Greenwich
Northeast Heating Assistance
Tri-Town Community Action
- 1126 Hartford Avenue, Johnston, RI 02919
- Phone: (401) 351-2750
- Fax: (401) 351-6612 LIHEAP
- Web site : www.tri-town.org
- Districts: Smithfield, Burrillville, Glocester, Chepachet, North Providence, Johnston
Blackstone Valley Community Action
Blackstone Valley Heating Assistance
- 32 Goff Street Pawtucket, RI 02860
- Phone: (401) 723-4520
- (LIHEAP) (401) 723-0227
- (WAP) (401) 723-4520
- Fax: (401) 723-4282
- Web site: www.bvcap.org
- Districts: Woonsocket, North Smithfield, Pawtucket, Lincoln, Cumberland, Central Falls
Providence Heating Assistance
Providence Community Action (ProCAP)
- 518 Hartford Avenue, Providence, RI 02909
- (LIHEAP) (401) 273-0882 – Age 59 & under
- (LIHEAP) (401) 437-8054 – Age 60 plus
- (WAP) (401) 273-2000
- Fax: (401) 273-2007
- Web site: www.procapri.org
- Districts: Providence
Comprehensive Community Action Programs (CCAP)
- 311 Doric Avenue Cranston, RI 02910
- Phone: (401) 467-9610
- (LIHEAP) (401) 467-7013
- (WAP) (401) 467-9610
- Fax: (401) 467-9030
- Web site: www.comcap.org
- Districts: Cranston, Scituate, Foster
If your heat is not working this is a good time to look into this program since we’re going into the colder weather and no one wants to be without heat when it’s cold! If your home goes without heat for multiple very cold days in a row you will probably get frozen pipes. Frozen pipes can destroy your entire home! We hope this information helps you to get your heat back on!