Finding a reliable plumber can sometimes be hard. Here are our plumbing tips to making the process a little easier for you.
- Ask family and friends for a referral to a plumber they have used in the past.
- Franchise plumbing companies can be very expensive for the same service so we recommend a local family owned plumbing company.
- A good plumbing company will have a plumber answer the phone. Other plumbing companies use answering services or secretaries who unfortunately will not be able to answer your concerns on the phone.
- Read internet reviews.
- Check with the BBB – but be careful because plumbing companies that pay for accredition membership are buying their rating verse the companies that don’t belong to the BBB but still have an excellent rating.
- Check with the Department of Labor and Training to make sure the plumber is licensed without any past violations.
- Ask the plumber for proof of general liability insurance and worker’s compensation insurance.
- Good plumbing companies don’t charge extra for traveling, holidays, weekends, nights, etc..
- Ask for references.
- Any good plumber offers a warranty on his labor. Parts are usually a manufactures warranty.
- Ask how long has the plumbing company been in business.
- Know the price and the scope of work before you let a plumber begin working on your home.
- Check to see if the plumbing company belongs to any associations. ie…Chamber of Commerce or Plumbing Associations
Use these tips to help you in your process when looking for a good plumber!